What is a Safety Council?
The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Division of Safety and Hygiene sponsors more than 70 Safety Councils across the state, organized through chambers of commerce, trade and manufacturing associations and other safety-minded organizations. These Safety Councils provide their local communities with quality programs addressing occupational safety and health, workers’ compensation and risk management, education and information. They inform participants about new techniques, products and services, and provide a thorough knowledge of these services. The Delaware Area Chamber of Commerce sponsors the Safety Council program in the Delaware area.
Who can join?
The program is open to any Delaware County business regardless of Chamber of Commerce affiliation. Click here to join.
Is there a fee to join?
There is no fee to join and no annual fees. The only cost to you is $10 per person per meeting to cover the cost of lunch provided. You can pay at the door, prepay for the year or be invoiced monthly. Lunch is optional.
How can our business join?
Becoming a member is simple. Just complete the application form and mail (32 S Sandusky St, Delaware, OH 43015) , email (SafetyCouncil@DelawareAreaChamber.com), or fax (740.389.4897) it to the Chamber.
Why should my business join?
- Potential to receive up to a 4% rebate on your workers’ comp premiums.*
- Learn techniques to increase safety in the work place
- Manage your workers’ compensation program
- Network with other employees in your industry and swap best practices for safety
- Informative programming
- Results-oriented awards
*Employers not in a group rating program can earn a 2 percent participation rebate for meeting all the rebate eligibility requirements and a 2 percent performance bonus for reducing either frequency or severity by 10% or with maintenance at zero.
Group-experience-rating program employers who meet rebate eligibility requirements can earn a 2 percent performance bonus rebate only.
Group-retrospective-rating program employers who meet rebate eligibility requirements can earn a 2 percent participation rebate only.
The rebate offer excludes self-insuring employers and state agencies and those involved with a third-party administrator.
What are the BWC Workers' Compensation rebate eligibility requirements?
- Join by July 31st
- Attend 10 monthly meetings
- Send a CEO or qualified senior-level manager to one meeting
- Submit a short, semi-annual work accident report twice per year.
- Participants must sign-in to meet BWC requirements; CEOs must indicate CEO status on the sign-in sheet
When and where are meetings held?
Most meetings are held at 11:30am at the Eagles Lodge, 127 East William Street, Delaware, 43015 on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. From time-to-time a local manufacturer will host a meeting which includes a tour of their facility. Additional seminars may also be offered throughout the year. The specific details for each meeting are sent out a few weeks before every meeting in an emailed invitation.
- Pre-registration is recommended for all meetings
- Participants must sign the sign-in sheet to meet BWC requirements
- Regardless of the number of folks attending from one company, it only qualifies as one meeting
- If your CEO or Senior Level Manager attends, please make sure the CEO box is checked by the signature.
Upcoming Safety Council Meetings